WA MINING CONFERENCE
"Accelerating WA's Mining Future to 2030"
WA Mining Conference & Exhibition will look at the life of mine from operational strategy through to execution and address both the strategic and technical approaches to improve productivity, lower costs and optimise the end to end process.
Hear from mining decision makers, technology experts and industry leaders sharing their perspectives on the future opportunities that will drive growth and sustainability for the sector.
Planning for the 2020 conference program is underway. If you would like to be involved in the program for 2020, please submit your interest here.
Attend the highly targeted conference that will uncover best practices, technologies, and strategies advancing mining in WA.
Network and connect mining personnel at the WA Mining Networking Event, where you can have a drink and chat with leaders within the industry.
2019 SPEAKER HIGHLIGHTS
Osvaldo Urzua PhD
International Mining Expert
Former External Affairs, BHP Billiton
Professor Göran Roos
Defence South Australia Advisory Board
BHP Billiton Fellow for Engineering for Remote Operations,
University of Western Australia
Hon Bill Johnston
Minister for Mines and Petroleum, Energy, Industrial Relations
Western Australian Government
Dr Anita Parbhafar-Fox
Senior Research Fellow, Mine Lifecycles, Sustainable Minerals Institute
University of Queensland
- The future generation of Mining – who, what, when and where
- Looking to 2030 - A look at how mine life planning might change in the future and what priorities companies will need to think about
- The Autonomous Mine – An automation and robotics future
- Transitioning to the future of remote monitoring in 2030 –remote operation technology and how this will impact the set up for the future
- Handling the rising threat of cyber security risks across the entire value chain
- How shifting views and expectations will transform the way the mining industry need to engage with their stakeholders
- Collaboration strategies – what Australia can do to accelerate its innovations and capabilities
- The importance of data integrity in the digitisation journey
- Walking the climate change tight rope – balancing long term goals with future policy
- The role of renewables and the integration into mining sector
- How the future of augmented reality applications will enhance mining operations and workplace training
- Knowledge transfer and skills requirements for the future workforce
- How will Industry 4.0 impact minerals processing processes by 2030
- Looking at the impact of infrastructure projects on future mineral demand